From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:29:33 -0800
Hi William,
The logic is flawed but it is based on comparisons with modern bones.
The incorrect assumption is that we eat and live at least as well as
Paleolithic humans. By that thinking, they have erred on the safe side.
This paradigm is further supported by Neolithic evidence of the "nasty,
brutish, and short" lives reported by historians. Of course, the latter
groups were deeply invested in agriculture.

There is North American evidence  from the Dickenson burial mounds
showing significant reductions in bone density, reduction in stature,
and other signs of disease-driven bone damage during the transition to
agriculture. The cool thing about this evidence is  that it showed that
the deeper investigators excavations into the mounds, the further they
went back along the line of forebears. The evidence clearly showed that
HG had strong healthy bones but their descendants who undertook
agriculture suffered significant reductions in bone health because of
their dietary choices.

Best Wishes,
Ron

--