From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:18:04 -0700
Howdy, all.  I've become (temporarily, at least) an English teacher and this
is sucking all the strength right out of me, not to mention my time.  God
only knows what I'll be doing when this is over so keep your fingers
crossed.  I'm mentioning this as my excuse for being invisible for what, two
months?

Ennyhoo, tomorrow, I'm off to see Dr. Ron Rosedale at what is now the
International Center for Metabolic Medicine (vs. the Colorado Center for
Metabolic Medicine).  For the first time every, I just can't WAIT to see a
doctor.  Hopefully, he'll be able to figure out why I lost nearly 50 pounds
just to see all good things grind to a halt.

I know I'm hyperinsulinemic (duh!); a fasting insulin test will show by how
much.  I also suspect an underactive thyroid; my free T3 hormone level is
low.  Ron puts little faith in the thyroid theory but who knows?  I also
have a high prolactin level, which may indicate a problem with my pituitary
gland.  Hopefully Ron will crack this mystery and I'll finally lose more
weight.

I'm such a bad girl.  I don't give a rat's you-know-what about my overall
health; it's fine.  My cholesterol levels would make an Olympic athlete
jealous.  All I want to achieve is hotness.  And I'm very realistic; if I
was as "fat" as Marilyn Monroe, you'd never hear me complain.  Maybe I'll
finally get to live my dream and make men drool by merely walking into a
room.  Wouldn't that be nice?  And, oh, the havoc I'd wreak and enjoy should
my dirty little dream come true.  Mwa ha ha ha ha!

I'll let you know any interesting tidbits as this goes along.  Wish me luck!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO