From:
Ken Engelhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:50:29 -0400
> > Does anyone have stories to share of introducing older children to
> > paleo.
>

> My sons at home are 12, 15 and 17.  It was very simple to introduce
> them to our new way of eating.

I couldn't get my kids all the way to Paleo but they eat much better than
SAD.  It helps to explain to them the theory of the paleo diet and debate it
with them.  Don't force things on them but get their buy in.   We discussed
it and we don't allow trans fats in the house.  We seldom buy deserts and
ice cream but we do sometimes.  They have potatoes and pasta sometimes or
even order a pizza.  Mostly we eat tons of free range meat, eggs, fresh
fruit and vegetables.  They drink milk and eat yoghurt.  They try to eat
somewhat paleo when out of the house- ie. salads instead of french fries.
They are all healthy and they almost never get sick. Ken