From:
John Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:49:15 +1100
Since I asked the question in the first place I would like to thank everyone
who's participated ---BUT I can't say I agree with the pro running and body
sculpting fraternity. Okay by me, if that's what turns you on, but the
lifestyle seems as equally unnatural to me as eating a loaf of bread does
these days.  As I remember reading someplace recently --I can't imagine
Paleo man or woman getting up at 6am so they could take a 10K morning jog or
lift a few stones to see what shape they could sculpt there bodies into.
Now, maybe the road to perfect health is by following these regimes --I'm
neither qualified or interested enough to do the research to agree or
disagree with any emphasis.  But, it seems to me that just as there are
different shapes of people, so there must be different metabolisms, etc.
And if there are these differences then it strikes me as reasonable to
assume that (as some have suggested) eating, food, nourishment and weight
loss takes on a different look and feel for different people. Comments about
right and wrong,  calories in and calories out, balanced diets and (to me
this was the most humorous coming from a Paleo list) carb-loading, seem to
be at best following a questionable mindset for a professed Paleo.  NOW, I
know not all carbs are made equal but the though of Mr and Mrs Paleo and
their 2.4 kids getting up one morning and carb-loading cause they were gonna
move camp and travel 20 miles the next day seems a tad humorous to
me....sorry if this offends...maybe they did.  Or, maybe they just ate as
usual and stopped and ate more when they got hungry.  Who knows!

All help is good.  I always appreciate it --especially when the discussion
is lively.  So once again thanks to all.

John Holman