From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:56:37 -0700
-  Anyway, my question is what paleo foods (and in what form) would
>be appropriate to offer her.  She is just starting to teeth but has no
teeth
>yet.  I don't really know if she will eat anything other than breastmilk
>just yet but I want to be prepared.  Any suggestions are greatly
>appreciated.

My son ,now 3 and half year old have been eating his first foods at few
weeks old . We raised him on instinctive eating  ( all raw paleofoods) and
lett him choose what he wanted among what we eat.He ate his first dried
shrimps and meat before he had teeth chewing hard on it till he extracted
all the juice out of it ( excellent for teething) for nuts and seeds or  we
were chewing for him and was feeding like a bird . ( he ate a lot of
filberts and was not quick enough for him)
he had his parsley day when i had to chew for him  huge quantities beyond
the point of what was supportable to me ( having an instinctive stop on it )
He was eating even the most unexpected foods like onion at time. He was big
on cherries,  plums  and berries ( the pits have never been a problem as a
young infant spitting it out . After 2 years old he started to swallow the
pits.
The experience of letting my son choose his food was so interesting. It was
so pleasant to watch his pleasure.
He had from the beginning a clear understanding of the relationship between
the plants and animals he saw and his food.( he could recognise from far an
apple tree and showing it  to me so i could harvest some )
One day before he could even talk he express to me quite clearly that he
wanted some parsley showing me the way from the house to the specific garden
bed.
even if you have no interest in instinctive eating ,  Doing the experience
with an infant that is breast fed could not hurt . In fact If there is
certain  nutrients deficiency  in the milk ,it is the best way for the
infant to complete them .  ( like the parsley craving was obviously doing
that with my son . You can't eat parsley when your body don't need it , the
stop is very strong).

jean-claude