From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:45:04 -1000
Extremely off topic:

Microsoft Office files work equally well on the Mac and on the PC,
Office runs on both Mac and PC.  But, in order to send this e-mail, I
will certainly have to say something paleo.

Well, basically this -- this file and the "related plants list" have
been the most useful "technical documents" to help me along both in my
allergies and my paleo adventure.  These two are must have's for any
serious paleo-adventurer.

What I REALLY need to help me along of course is to spend some time with
paleo-like people and time in a more natural environment than just
sitting here typing on a computer on the 20th floor of some high-rise in
downtown Honolulu.  I think I'm going to go back to University, but in
Hilo, on the big island.  There are several intentional communities
there, including a fruititarian group (which scares me) but I have to
admit they managed to get something vaguely resembling a paleo-lifestyle
going (they live on this "orchard" that they created, but it's basically
tropical).  All they need is a coupl-a big animals to hunt (boar is
fairly abundant on the big island, along with deer), add some insects
and fish to that, and there ya go.  Maybe some kukui nuts and honey, why
not?  Perfect.  Better yet, it would be nice (now this is fantasizing)
to just declare the big island a paleo-only zone and allow no technology
higher than what was available 15,000 years ago or so.  Go back to
loincloths, brew your mead with spit.  And drink kava-kava until you
turn yellow! :)

Erik