From:
Johnny Battle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:54:24 -0800
chich wrote:

> Hmmmm, I got a question about this weight loss stuff. I started paleo about 8
> weeks ago and when I went to the doctors I had lost 10 pounds....I weighed in
> at 165. That was one week ago. This morning I weighed myself and I clocked in
> at 155/6.  That seems like too great a loss to me. I dont think its the
> scale,although it might be, I suppose. Anyway I lost at least 5 pounds in  a
> very conservative estimate.

When I go to the doctor they always carefully weigh me, but they do it with all my
clothes and shoes on, and they never ask if I just ate, etc. When I weigh myself
at home, I'm always naked and it's first thing in the morning, before I eat or
drink anything, and usually right after I've peed. I almost always weigh about 5 -
10 lbs less at home than at the doctor's office :-)

On the other hand, I've been on Cordain's version of this diet for two weeks now
and have lost about seven pounds (morning, naked, hungry). I believe that's more
than is supposed to be possible without water loss, but I don't care. I feel
really good, better than I have for years.

On the other hand, I work out pretty hard several times a week and I have noticed
a slight decrease in available energy when I execise, especially at the beginning
of a session. Has anyone else noticed this? Does it change? Any explanations?

John B