From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 07:05:17 GMT
On Sat, 22 May 1999 22:03:29 +1000, Larelle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Susan said:
>> I imagine that the others are right about this thirst, but also remember
>> that uncontrollable thirst after eating a lot of sweet food is one sign
>of
>> diabetes, and hypoglycemic tendencies are sometimes a precursor for it.
>>
>Can you explain what causes the thirst in relation to diabetes?

When a doctor suspects that a patient might be diabetic, the FIRST thing they
ask is "do you frequently get thirsty?".

>How long do you think I need to be following paleo to heal/balance insulin
>levels.

All human beings need to be following a relatively low carb diet for the rest of
their lives in order to balance insulin levels.

Excessive insulin is implicated in quite a few "diseases of civilization",
possibly almost all of them.

>yesterday I had a binge of dried bananas. (eaten last
>thing in the evening).

Ray says in his book:

" [Fruits] should be consumed when fresh, although dried fruits can be used as a
convenient snack food if care is taken not to consume more than would be
consumed in fresh form. "

> I had had a mild headache before that

After lowering my consumption of carbs, and increasing my consumption of omega-3
fatty acids, I have much fewer headaches than I used to...

--
Cheers,

Ken                         <*>