From:
Tim Rowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:52:38 -0500
At 11:33 AM 2/17/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>If anyone has tips for surviving a real fast(just one day), I'd love to
>hear 'em

In addition to scheduling the fast from dinner to dinner, the other things
that help me are:

Coffee in the morning if you are a coffee drinker.  Caffeine seems to
suppress my appetite.  I think that may be backwards to what some people
experience, but not me.

Drink lots of water.

Stay busy.  If I'm working hard (mentally, not physically) I hardly miss
breakfast and lunch.

For me that does the trick and gets me what I want:

1) the convenience of not having to worry about a few meals a week,  and

2) mild intermittent caloric restriction followed by a relatively larger
meal, which I believe more closely mimics a paleo style of eating.

3) Don't go anywhere near baked goods ;-)

I've not tried longer fasts. I might like to try 1 or 2 days at some
point.  Past that it just seems like needless suffering!

Tim