From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:46:50 +0900
On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 11:57  PM, Michelle Hale wrote:

> I don't have kids yet, but my children will probably be "At-Risk" as
> out of
> 6 first cousins on my dad's side of the family, 2 developed type 1
> diabetes.
> I would like to never introduce cereal to them, but I am afraid of the
> consequences of not introducing it.  Namely, when they are older and
> defying
> mom, they will probably eat some cereal grain based food.

Sure they will, and the occasional taste of it won't hurt them. It is
the day to day grind on the system that causes the trouble. Get them
into their teen years mainly grain free and the rest is up to them. The
trouble I have is the school lunches. They are of course grain
oriented, and high carb low fat.