From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:09:16 -0500
Andrew;

>>so perhaps this is why Cordain suggests trimming fat off >meats?
>can you explain this bit further?

People in North America do not enjoy organ meats to any significant degree,
so we need to bring the fatty acid ratio in line with that of paleo man by
other means. One step in the right direction for North Americans, who in
general tend to be big beef eaters, is by cutting off visible fats in their
meats.

>marrow and depot fat are high in SFA. paleo man ate them. so in order to
>imitate him, we should not eat them. is this it?

We need to bring the fatty acid ratio as close to a paleolithic one as we
can by eating whatever we can.

Marilyn