Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 02:27:22 -0500
Robin Temple wrote:
> Have you heard about the chemical Bisphenol A? It is used in  most
> canned goods worldwide. It migrates into the food and may be a cancer
> causing substance.

Bisphenol A is in the epoxy coating inside some cans, and is being
phased out according to this:
www.foodproductiondaily.com/Packaging/Bisphenol-A-free-polymer-coating-touted-as-alternative-to-epoxy-can-lining

They might find something wrong with the polymer, so use sardines packed
in uncoated cans.

I don't know why canned sardines would cause burps, maybe just because
they are cooked and therefore hard to digest. I used a squeeze of lemon
on them, and don't remember burping.

William