From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:03:42 EDT
I just posted to the list-

"I'm confused here- is this you, Ray, writing this, or are you quoting
someone else?"

All clear now! :-)

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY

In a message dated 8/24/02 12:46:50 PM, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>

<< Date:    Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:01:29 -0500
From:    Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: hello, and question

See:
http://www.neanderthin.com/dm96.htm

So what do I get for all of this trouble? [ going paleo ]

Maybe one of the bonds that kept Mark as a roommate and friend those years
in Ann Arbor was our yet to be diagnosed respective mental illnesses. Maybe
unconsciously we comforted each other in our unspoken suffering. When I
moved away and came to Austin I finally contacted a therapist and got
treatment for major depression. Drugs (prescription), and group and
individual therapy for four years now has been effective in keeping my head
out of the dark clouds or at least my visits there brief. Nothing I've done
though, has acted as dramatically and swiftly upon my mental state as eating
like a neanderthal. Within a week, I was feeling happy, content, and rock
steady. I felt centered and grounded and like I could communicate more
clearly. My girlfriend and I ended our four and a half year relationship
peacefully and honestly realizing that it wasn't working. I lost my
attachment to food. I don't crave chocolate or big heavy meals when bored or
distressed. I went home for Christmas and had a nice time with my family!!
They couldn't seem to throw me into the dark, quiet mood they invariably did
on visits. My love life is great and I have two jobs that I really like.