From:
Judy Denham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:26:36 +0000
Hello everyone, this is my first message to the list.  I prepared for
joining by reading all the archive messages since January 2002. It took a
while but I really learned a lot about the list and its members. I feel like
I already know you all.

I'm a previous low carber and followed Neanderthin for a while a couple of
years ago which produced the lowest LDL cholesterol I've ever been able to
achieve. I think I have a genetic tendency to high cholesterol.  Anyway, for
some reason I went off it but now I'm back and determined to stay on the
paleodiet for life.

What inspired me to start the diet again was finding Cordain's book, The
Paleo Diet, in the bookstore, so I think that even if this book has its
faults, it should help introduce the concept to many new people.

In the 2.5 months since I started I've lost 8 pounds and would like to lose
10 or 20 more, but we'll see.

I'm taking salmon oil and eating lots of fish which is starting to get a bit
tiresome as I don't really like fish. However, I'll try to keep it up. Using
red palm oil (thanks to Amadeus), hemp oil and olive oil.

We have 37 acres in the country and are going to raise our own grass fed
beef and already do raise our own eggs and meat chickens, all organically.
Vegetables as well.

That's enough for now.  This is a great group of enquiring and helpful
people and I've really enjoyed reading all the postings.

Judy