Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 07:01:01 -0800
<<Along with the peculiarly American antiseptic mania
is this craving for guarantees and proof as a guide
for
living. >>
I was thinking of all the postings to this list that
ask if this diet has *cured* this or that illness.  If
eating the perfect diet for your species made for
perfect health, wouldn't the world be more
overpopulated than it is now?  Yes, I know that there
are predators and prey, natural disasters, etc.. that
help to limit the population, but if eating healthy
foods made us all fit, wouldn't that pretty much limit
**most** death to just those things (theoretically, at
least).  I am thinking along the lines of survival of
the fittest.
I have stopped using all those chemical products in my
home, using only environmentally friendly cleaners
instead.  I don't freak out when I touch raw chicken
(as does my DH, who wears latex gloves to feed the
dogs).  I agree with the fact that we have set
ourselves up to become more susceptable to diseases
caused by germs.
Just more fever induced ramblings.
Jane (who is currently fighting off one of those
pathogens in the form of the flu.  Which is,
interestingly enough, not nearly as bad as it has been
in the past - could this be due to my WOE???)