Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:49:06 -0400
On 20 August, 2004 00:21, Richard Archer wrote:
snip

> I should research this further because copper deficiency can create
> problems of its own... one of which is reduced levels of neutrophils!

And more problems: http://www.gfhnrc.ars.usda.gov/news/nws9903a.htm or
http://www.gfhnrc.ars.usda.gov/News/news_9903a.html
and
http://www.gfhnrc.ars.usda.gov/news/news_0103a.html
There was also a study done on volunteer post-menopausal women who were put on
a copper-free diet (dairy), all of them developed heart arrhythmia in about
two months. The experimenters tried to correct this with massive doses (~4
times RDA) of copper, with some success. This is from memory, I can't find
the file.

> I have just moved house and unfortunately I can't remember where I
> packed my latest blood tests (I know I put them somewhere safe!).
> But I don't recall either copper or zinc being out of the ordinary.
> In fact, there was nothing really out of the ordinary in my blood
> work-up apart from slightly low thyroid and slightly elevated
> mercury.

Copper deficiency does not show in blood tests. There is said to be a new test
for that - invented in the last ten years or so. Most M.D.s don't seem to
know of it.Copper is an essential part of a very important enzyme.

William