From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 01:16:16 -0700
On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:13:57 EDT, Gawen Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<< >Stop eating dairy!!!!! Go pure Paleo for a couple months until you get
>well.
>
> Gwen:  I am just curious--do you have a specific reason why I should avoid
> eating dairy?  Does it cause strep?  I am not trying to be critical--just to
> understand.  Thanks.
>  >>

>Dairy is unhealthy on many levels.  The proteins are problematic.  Milk
>creates immune system reactions in MOST people. It is not advisable to
>consume things that stress the immune system  if you are suffering from any
>kind of infection.
>-Gawen

I must not be part of most people. :-)

I eliminated ALL dairy for about six months and it did not affect my health at
all.

Whereas I subsequently resumed eating cheese, and then eliminated grains and
legumes, cut my carb intake to about 100 grams a day, and added Omega-3 fatty
acids to my diet, and THEN :

- I stopped getting headaches
- I stopped getting pains in my joints
- I stopped getting nasal congestion
- I stopped getting hay fever in the spring

and some other relatively minor improvements as well.

This leads me to believe that some people have a genetic adaptation to dairy and
some don't (since many people have improvements due to eliminating dairy) - and
so I think that D'adamo is correct in just his part of his theory...

--
Cheers,

Ken