From:
Michelle Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:16:50 -0500
The biggest barrier when I started was thinking of quick convenience meals.
I'm a busy person (by choice--I like my life full of obligations) and often
fail to prepare for meals ahead of time.

> Kevin,
> To keep it real simple for those times when you aren't home to eat your
> meals, a piece of meat and a green salad will do it.....  Oliva

I agree--this is the easiest convenience food.  You can easily combine
different tastes with greens.  My favorite quick lunch when I haven't had
time to make one ahead of time is buying a rotisserie chicken at the deli,
shredding it in a bowl, adding a dollop of mayo (I'm not extremely strict,
so most of the time at work I use store-bought mayo), and adding it to
greens.

You will find that you can also make quick dinners when needed.  When I'm in
a pinch, I take out a lb of ground beef (ground turkey, ground whatever) and
brown it.  I leave the drippings in the pan, then I take whatever I find in
my vegetable bin (many combos possible!) and whatever fresh herbs I have on
hand, sauté the vegetables for a few minutes, and combine everything.  For
instance, last night I had hamburger with kale, chopped onions, basil, and
cilantro.  Tasty, healthy, and you can go from start to finish in less than
15 minutes.  You can make plenty ahead of time to reheat for later, too!
Michelle