From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 07:08:20 -0500
On Sun, 5 Aug 2001 17:37:13 -0600, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>PS  What cracks me up is that dietary ketosis means the body is burning
>stored fat, weight loss by its very definition.

Yes, reads like an ad.
However it's not promised that *stored* fat is burning.
Fat is burning, and it may be eaten fat as well as stored fat.
If you eat a little more as necessary, the rest will be added to stores,
only if you eat less as necessary, stores will be used.

> Would critics prefer we
>burn muscles?

Reads threatening, likewise.
However, protein (maybe muscles) will be burnt under the glucostereoid
signal (as Todd described it recently).
That's permanent under ketosis, isn't it?
If your glucose level in the blood is going down, glucose stores or protein
will be burnt at any cost - to save the brain. If not enough free amino
acids (protein) are free flowing in the blood, own muscles will be used.
Could be a danger when low-carbing and not eating lots of protein often,
I could imagine.

This is not ment as attack - you can do it right. I just think the
pictographic phrases should not be taken too literally.

Amadeus