From:
Molly Kate McGinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:11:13 -0800
I get extremely bad tempered with replies like this. What nerve!

There are as many ways of fasting as there are people to think of them, and I got
allergic to dogmatism through toxic overexposure long ago.

Molly

On 18 Feb 2004 at 21:34, Thomas Dekany wrote:

Tim - I get too many e mails and on top of that, I type really slowly.

As far as I know the reason for fasting is to detox the body. A
minimum of 10 to 14 days is needed depending on who you ask:
basically, you would eat raw for 3 days, followed by 7 days of juice
or water fast and another 4 days to ease the body back to "regular"
foods. The last 3 to 4 days are very important. One can really mess up
by breaking the fast consuming normal foods.

Eating several almonds after a fast will quickly fill you up - kind of
shows you how much we over eat. I use to fast for 7 days at a time
since I was on the thin side.

Thomas

PS: Obviously even 2 weeks isn't enough to eliminate all the toxin
that have resided in the intestines for decades, but you will still
feel a big difference.