From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 15:55:54 -0600
>Thanx for the info. Is this something that has to be taken for the rest of
>your life? Or is it a temporary fix?

Good question; don't know.

Does anyone know if where to find information on the cause/s of a sluggish
thyroid?  I've done a little bit of research but so far, I'm not finding a
ton of information.  I wonder if this is something that is due largely to
modern foods and/or meds.  I've seen flouride, iodine and radiation
mentioned, but no in-depth information on what MAKES a thyroid slow.  My
guess is that this isn't found among modern hunter-gatherers but I've read a
helluva lot about h-g's; I'd be willing to bet no research has been done in
this area.  Anyone know?

As for whether I might have to take one teeny, tiny pill a day till death do
me kill, big whoop.  That's a small price to pay for a normal metabolism, at
least in my book.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO