From:
Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 23:28:20 -0400
Just thought I'd introduce myself.  My name is Bill.  I live in the
Atlanta, GA area.  First heard of Ray's book on a radio show.  Just
caught pieces of it.  He was making pemmican while he was being
interviewed.  Anyway, the things that he said made sense to me and
sounded very interesting.  As far as I am (was also) concerned, a meal
without meat isn't a meal.  So I liked what he said.
I did some checking and couldn't find the book locally and kinda put it
on the back shelf.  Several months later I saw an advertisement for
WWW.AMAZON.COM and checked.  They could get it.  When the book arrived I
read it from cover to cover.  I've changed my eating habits ever since
about 08/12/97.  Lost a little over 20#. Down from 218 to 195 and I'm
never hungry.  Probably would have dropped a few more but went out of
town for a few days and cheated a bit.
I needed some recipes so I did a search on Paleolithic Diet.  Found this
group there.
Cannot find uncured bacon anywhere.  Well, I found out from you that it
is also called pork side.  I'll see if someone has that.  Anyway, that's
enough for now.