Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:17:36 -0000
From: Adrienne Smith << I am curious if there are any paleos who have found their skin hypopigmentation problems improved since going paleo.  Specifically... idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis (looks like "reverse" freckles ie white spots) mostly on my arms and legs and am looking for any paleo remedies that someone may be able to suggest to help me regain some pigment in these areas.>>

Adrienne,
I've had this condition for years... never realised it has a 'proper' medical name :-)... always understood it was due to lack of melanin in the skin...  my skin is milk white, a 'gift' from my maternal grandmother...  the condition has not changed since going paleo about 4 yrs ago...

I've been wearing trousers only for many years AND I live in the UK so it's just my forearms which show the 'white spots'... after our last holiday in the south of France, the 'spots' became more visible even though I used  sun screen... I guess it's the only thing one can do to keep those spots less visible... there's just not enough melanin in the skin...

Dedy