From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 13:56:19 -0600
>Dori, will you be posting a list of stores who will
>carry this meat? Will they be starting distribution in
>the western US first?

Here's what I know so far.  The meats are available at the following Phoenix
chains; Cosco, Bash's and Fry's.  They can also be found in several chains
in Salt Lake City and Las Vegas.  The company's currently targeting
Albertson's & Safeway in all three markets.  In Denver, they're only found
at Cosco; you're never a prophet in your own land.

There are other markets in California and on the eastern seaboard that carry
NWF meats; Wild Oats is one chain.  What we're doing (for now) is campaigns
in the three cities above with others to hopefully follow.

The company's web site is www.newwestfoods.com and they have an 800 number;
call and see if these products are available in your town.  If not, call
grocery stores and tell them you'd buy it if they had it.  Please note; the
products in stores will not be as expensive as most of the products on the
site!  Some of their gourmet meats cost a small fortune.

By the way, this company has several celebrity customers, including Tom
Brokaw, "Walker, Texas Ranger" star what's-his-name (I never get it right so
I won't even try) and Tom Selleck.

Here's a quickie; our first stop is Phoenix and when handing out free
goodies on morning radio shows, we'll come equipped with background music,
i.e. "Rawhide" and other Western favorites.  Yee-haw!  Most likely, the
spokesperson will be company nutritionist Cheyenne West; her real name is
Amy Cheyenne West but for good reason she goes by her middle name.  What a
hoot!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO