From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 17:49:55 -0400
We have to disagree on this matter; it is largely a philosophical
disagreement and partially simply a disagreement over terminology.  I've
long been familiar with the line of thinking that every question has an
agenda; I reject it.  I see it as an inappropriate way of viewing the world
which often interferes greatly with effective communication which often
leads to obfuscation and can even be used as a very powerful tool for
deception and even mind control. It is also one of the biggest sources of a
lot of stupid and pointless bickering and fighting that people do in
everyday life. Other than that I'll re-iterate my recommendation for the
books MODERN FASCISM and SNAPPING, and will add in a recommendation for
GAMES PEOPLE PLAY.

As for facts:I think they are sometimes to be found in scientific journals.
You just have to read them closely and learn how to tell the facts from the
researchers' interpretations.  Unless you believe the researchers are
simply telling lies and making their data up--but that's what peer review
and publishing all your data is supposed to be all about.

Also the paleodiet -does- have factual evidence behind it.  I would have to
say there's not enough there to compellingly assert that the paleodiet as
defined at the moment (such as by Ray) is the ideal healthy diet for all
humans.  There is quite enough evidence to suggest that it is worth
experimenting with and exploring on an individual basis to see what works
well for us as individuals until such time as more in-depth, objective
study can be made.

And that, I guess, is all I can think of to say.  This is really a lot of
wasted time and energy; clearly I need to get a life.

 -=-=-

Once in a while you get shown the light/
 In the strangest of places if you look at it right   ---Robert Hunter

http://www.syndicomm.com/esmay