From:
"pink-ribbon.org" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:26:14 -0500
Hi everyone interested in Potassium Replacement Tx
Here's a recipe for Potassium Juice and Potassium Essence Broth:
(from "Healthy Healing" by Linda G. Rector-Page, N.D., phD - 9th
Edition - published by Healthy Healing Publications  ISBN#
0-912331-21-6) - QUOTED from her page 53

I would think that "live food" would be preferred by the body instead of
dried and compressed pills.

POTASSIUM JUICE:
The single most effective juice for cleansing, neutralizing acids, and
rebuilding the body.  It is a blood and body tonic to provide rapid
energy and system balance:

Juice in juicer:
3 carrots
1/2 bunch of spinach
1/2 bunch parsley
3 stalks celery
opt:  1-2 teaspoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos

(Nutritional analysis per serving:  69 cal., 3 gm protein, 15 gm carb, 6
gm fiber, trace fats, 0 cholesterol, 100 mg calcium, 2 mg iron, 52 mg
magnesium, 788 mg potassium, 144 mg sodium, 1 gm zinc).

POTASSIUM ESSENCE BROTH
If you do not have a juicer, make potassium broth in a soup pot.  While
not as concentrated or pure, it is still an excellent source of energy,
minerals and electrolytes. For a 2 day supply:

Cover with water in a soup pot:
3-4 carrots
2 potatoes, with skins
1 onion
3 stalks celery
1/2 bunch parsly
1/2 head cabbage
1/2 bunch broccoli.
Simmer covered for 30 minutes, strain and discard colids.
Add 2 tsp. Bragg's LIQUID AMINOS, or 1 tsp miso.  Store in the fridge
covered.

Nutritional analysis per serving:  100 cal, 6 gm protein, 22 gm carb, 9
gm fiber, trace fats, 0 chol, 141 mg calcium, 4 mg iron, 60 mg
magnesium, 147 mg sodium, 1 mg zinc, 944 mg potassium.

Bon apetit!
Namaste,
ruthc
NAMASTE: (ANCIENT SANSKRIT BLESSING meaning):
"I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells. I honor
the place in you, which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace.
When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, WE ARE
ONE." NAMASTE!
LETS MAKE BREAST CANCER HISTORY!!
ruthc email:  [log in to unmask]
Please come and visit my website: http://pink-ribbon.org

Date:    Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:57:50 -0500
From:    Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: potassium

> I am reading the Protein Power book by Eades right now and it
recommends
potassium supplementation when beginning the low
> carbohydrate diet.  I was curious about whether this is necessary and
> whether food sources are more appropriate.

It is necessary for a low carb diet because of the diuretic effect of
ketosis. Paleo does not necessarily mean low carb, though. I try to keep
out
of ketosis because I find I do not function as well and believe it is
not a
great state to be in for long periods of time. But if you are starting
low
carb you will need to keep up your sodium and potassium levels and
litesalt
might be needed.

--Richard