From:
Michele Shoemaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:28:56 -0400
My husband and I are going on a three week camping trip to New Mexico and
I'm wondering what to do about this diet. I'm basically Neanderthining
though I don't eat fruit(brings on sugar cravings) or too many nuts(I eat
one I want more). I've read Atkin's NDR and both Heller books. Thank the
Gods for libraries.

In any case, some of our time is going to be in getting from here to there,
as in driving across Oklahoma and Texas which means eating in restaurants,
the rest of the time we will be camping and doing our own cooking.
Breakfast is easy, it's the other meals that are more difficult. I had
thought of doing the Atkins induction during our trip because it would
involve so little carbs, I would eat some cheese though I'm not trilled
about it, can't touch the stuff in the summer because of allergies. I'm not
fond of the Hellers for myself, especially after going out to dinner at a
Mexican restaurant on Tuesday night. I "assumed" that since I was still in
the early stages and had been eating a fair amount of fruit(2-3 pieces a
day) I would be fine to have a "reward meal" for supper since my other
meals were low-carb, boy was I wrong. I'm still in recovery from that. I'm
not committed to Atkins, it feels too extreme for me, I also don't want to
limit my carb intake so much that when I get back and start eating greens
again I'll balloon up. And snacking on hard boiled eggs give me outrageous
gas!

Any suggestions from you veterans would be most appreciated. Pemmican is
not an option at this time.

Willow

Let the Flesh instruct the Mind

--Lestat