From:
The Odd Doll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:20:36 -0400
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:06:23 +1100, Edwina
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hello All,
>Has anyone else experienced bad breath when they increase their fruit
intake? I have always eaten a large amount of daily fruit and veg but when I
went onto a paleo diet I also increased my intake of both. My partner was
reporting to me that I had quite bad breath in the morning and at times
throughout the day (not really something a gal likes to hear but I'd rather
know than not know). I could sense a smell that was like acetone.

Hi,

My first thought was blood sugar. Acetone-breath is one of the symptoms of
diabetes. Since you reported it when you increased your fruit (fructose), it
might be something to check.

But it seems to me that if you've cut out grains and such, your sugars should
still be lower. Before I posted this, though, I did a little checking, and found
out that ketosis can be caused by other things, like illness.

Anyway, it's something to think about.

Marianne