From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:02:50 -0500
Paula wrote:

> What do you all think about Xylitol?  I've been reading about it at www.vrp.com  (lower right link)

The body and its various systems are interlocked rather like
a mobile; move one part and it all moves to seek a new
balance.  The point of "going paleo" is to have an energy
intake and outflow that resembles as closely as possible the
original balance that developed our metabolic mobile.  In
this day and age, that is sometimes very difficult and may
require some supplementation due to the fact that our
materials sources have changed so radically.  But every
choice comes with a cost as well as a possible benefit.
There are all kinds of synthetic this or that available
today and all of it is for sale.  When you're selling
something, you accentuate the positive and try not to
mention the negative (if you even know it - science is not
omnipotent).  Altho initially it might not please our taste
buds and insulin demands, simply avoiding sugar the paleo
way is both safer and cheaper and will, in the long run,
address most of the same issues as this fake stuff.  And the
cost of paleo is only to our immediate gratification.  Why
fix something with technology when it isn't broken in the
first place? JMHO

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee