Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 16:21:56 -0400
I don't have a lot of time to respond to posts, but I've been meaning to
respond to the MAD COW hoopla all week.  I don't recall who said this:

>   Mad whatever disease is a crock. If people buy this one then
>pharmaceutical companies can produce "vaccines" for wild animals and have a
>new entry into needlessly drugging for the sake of ever increasing their
>profits.

If you have not already picked up the July 2000 issue of THE TOWNSEND LETTER
FOR DOCTORS & PATIENTS, I urge you to. It's on the news stands across the
U.S.  The article *The Myths of Vegetarianism* by Stephen Byrnes, ND, RNCP,
is well worth reading.  It dovetails with an article my husband recent had
published (10 Myths of Vegetarianism, but the editor of Oxygen magazine only
ran 7 of the 10 myths).   Anyway,  the author of the article in the Townsend
Letter (actually a mgazine), refuted the myth that *animal products contain
numerous, harmful toxins*.  I won't type the whole response, you'll have to
read it yourself, but I will exerpt this for you:

*Mad Cow Disease* or Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) is most likely
not caused by cows eating animal prats with their food, a feeding practice
that has been done for over 100 years.  Brittish organic farmer Mark Purdey
has argued convincingly that cows that get Mad Cow Disease are the very ones
that have had a particular organophosphate insecticide applied to their
backs or have grazed on soils that lack magnesium but contain high levels of
aluminum.  Small outbreadks of *mad cow disease* have also occured among
popele who reside near cement and chemical factories and in certain areas
with volcanic soils.

(He has a reference for that:  Mark Pudey, Are Organophosphate Pesticides
involved in the Causation of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy?  Journal of
Nutritional Medicine4:43-82, 1994; Sally Fallon, personal communication).

Purdey theorized that the organophosphate pesticides got intot he cow's fat
through a spraying program, and then were ingested by the cows again with
the animal part feeding.  Seen this way, it is the insecticide, via the
parts feeding (and not the parts themselves or their associated *poisons*),
that has caused this outbreak.  As noted before, cows have been eating
ground up animal parts in their feeds for over 100 years.  It was never a
problem before the introduction of these particular pesticides.

end of exerpt from article.

Check out the article.  I think most of you will like it.  It shows how man
is making a heck of a mess out of his *care* of the environment.  People are
polluting the earth right and left, then wondering why so many animals and
people are turning up ill!

No pill will cure the ingorance that is at the root of the destruction of
the food supply, the family, and Nature.  The evil effects of massive
refining, processing and de-Naturing of the food supply, chemical
agriculture, biotechnology, and the marketing of worthless and harmful
products must be seen for what they are!   EVIL, EVIL, EVIL....

Okay, so I was a little melodramatic.  You get the point!??

Rachel Matesz