Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:38:01 -0600
From: "william" <[log in to unmask]>

> Day, Wally wrote:
>  I live in a rural subdivision, but one that explicitly
>> prohibits chickens.

Our city council just approved owning chickens in town; I think 12 per
household.  No roosters...too much noise that can bother neighbors.

Hispanic people here in NM have raised a few chickens in their yards for
hundreds of yrs.; recently they banded together to get approval to do it
again & they won.

That said, we have a lot of animal abuse here .... horses, dogs, cats, etc.
kept in truly awful inhumane conditions.  Many people are concerned abt. how
the chickens may be raised (w/out water, shade..) and see it as abuse
waiting to happen.  Pros & cons.

Kath in NM