From:
"Joan V." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 01:37:16 -0400
There's been several references lately to side effects of a Neanerthin-type
(paleo)diet.  I'm interested to know what people mean by this. Does it have
to do with weight issues? Or are there other "side effects" as well that
people have experienced? I'm fairly new to the diet (4 months) and have had
much health stuff going on for many years, including a really bad case of
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well as hypothyroidism, numerous allergies,
osteoporosis, etc. The main result I've seen from this diet is an
improvement in the extreme hypoglycemic symptoms I was having, which is the
main reason I went on the diet in the first place. This has been great,
although I have a ways to go even with that. Also, not much improvement
otherwise.  Actually, my need for thyroid meds has gone UP since being ont
he diet.

BTW, I wonder if it is possible for folks to really limit the amount of a
post they "copy" when replying to that post. It strikes me that although
there is a reminder at the beginning of every "digest" I receive to copy
only what is absolutely necessary,it is very often the case that whole long
messages are repeated, even several times in one digest, because several
people are replying to the same message and all of them copy the whole
thing.  That really gets to be a drag when you have to spend half the time
scrolling down to get to the point! What do other people think about this?

Thanks!

Joan V.