From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:00:08 -0500
Dori writes:

>Any idea which station hosted the debate?  I'm an ol' Virginny native.
>PETA's headquartered in Norfolk, my home metro.  I find it highly amusing
>they call this town home.  It's a huge Navy town and I have yet to meet a
>vegetarian soldier.  In my experience, most men and women in uniform spit in
>the general direction of tree-huggers and vegetarians.  That, and Norfolk's
>within sniffing distance of major pork producers.  When PETA went after
>milk, they were crucified in the letters-to-the-editor section.  Sorry, but
>there IS such thing as bad publicity.

Nope, no idea which station--what was on the web page is all I saw myself.
The editor's blurb noted that it was a "public" station, though. That would
narrow it down if it means a non-commercial station. Maybe whichever one
there gets the NPR feed or something like that, maybe a university station?

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>