From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:13:22 -0600
I dont care if it's paleo.  I've been
blessed/developed a high aerobic capacity and I'll be
damned if I dont take advantage of it.  So I ride for
hours at a time.  Its my form of nomadic pressure and
daily hunting/gathering.

All I wanted to know is if there is a metabolic need
for increased carbs with increased activity or if the
fat would be enough and fast acting enough.  Have you
ever been so low on blood sugar that you could not
hear, barely see, have fits of diziness along with
slurred speech while working at the bookstore?

At this point in my travel thru the paleodiet, I'm
begining to notice a decreased desire for so much
fruit, but I still have my days.

  HG's spent an average of one hour a day to hunt, gather, and store food.
At the rate they migrated over the eons, they probably didn't travel very
much in a day. I cut down on fruit because of the symptoms you describe. The
fat gives me a steady energy, whereas the fruit spikes my blood sugar if I
eat too much. The last time I had those symptoms was in the early 70's when
I tried to live on apple fruit pies. You seem real interested in "increased
activity". What's the hurry?

`