From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:23:05 -0800
One sapote fruit has (according to the USDA at
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl -- type in "sapote"):

A whopping 300 calories
and 75g of carbohydrate

Is this correct???

I ate my first one today, a baseball-sized, sweet but mild tasting fruit whose
flesh houses numerous large seeds.

I found the nutrition info shocking.  It is, for example, not nearly as sweet as
a date, and I'd guess I only ate about 3 stawberries-worth of edible flesh by
the time I'd finished it.  The fruit had a sticker which said "White Sapote."
Is the one listed by the USDA something different?  Has anyone else heard about
this fruit?