From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:40:07 +0000
On Jan 17, 2006, at 7:57 pm, Robert Kesterson wrote:

> To some extent, the appetite is trainable.  The body likes
> routine.  If it "learns" that you eat mostly in the evening, that's
> when it's going to start getting hungry.  Similarly, if you go
> without breakfast all the time, it stops expecting it.  It's the
> same way that when you have a set schedule, you tend to wake up at
> the same time every morning even without the alarm clock.

I still occasionally get morning hunger pangs, but they are
decreasingly frequent and severe.  You are right about training your
body though.  The idea of eating in the morning seems really bizarre
to me now- just as bizarre as the idea of eating bread or potatoes.
Also, the idea of eating when I'm not hungry is strange too.  In
fact, since starting paleo I'm far less dependant on food than I ever
was before, and it's a great feeling.  I enjoy my food much more
because of it.

Ashley