From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:30:21 -0600
>I like going to restaurants with friends...

You go, girl!  You need to feed the body and the soul.  Here are a few of
the restuarant tips I have to offer:

-When in Mexican restaurants, go for fajitas, no rice, no beans.  Mmmmmm.
-Most greasy spoons will substitute sliced tomatoes for potatoes and toast
during breakfast.  Some restaurants have grapefruit halves on the menu, too.
  If they won't let you eat this as an 'instead' at least you have an
alternative.
-Steak houses rock!  They usually have other meats and often have salmon,
too.  I have yet to hear protest to my request of "no potatoes, please, and
could I have extra broccoli?"
-Some Italian restaurants offer side orders of, say, meatballs or sausage.
That and a salad would be just fine.

(Please note; I know restaurant food is often loaded with salt and some
people don't eat tomatoes, etc. but even early humans had their downfalls,
i.e. gorging on honey.  A tiny step left of perfect won't kill you, imho.)

The bottom line is this; restaurants nationwide are fully aware of the
low-carb trend.  There's a mom-n-pop in Denver that now has the Protein
Lover's Breakfast!  Milk this acknowledged market trend for all it's worth.

As for what's in your fridge, I like to cook up a feast for friends, many of
whom think what I'm doing is just plain nuts.  But every time I have them
over, they lick their plates clean and 98% of what I serve them is
Paleolithically correct (I served them rice once, but I think that's it,
frankly).

Dori Zook
Denver, CO