From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:13:12 -0400

> I can't agree with your characterization of vegetarians.  As
> vegetarianism increases in popularity, I think it is recruiting
> people less from the "fringe" of society, and thus perhaps less
> unbalanced to begin with.

I too know vegetarians who are very calm, focused...   And yet, I noticed
something interesting regarding my animals when they went from processed
food to a species appropriate raw diet.

When my dog and cat switched several years ago to raw meat/bones the new vet
was the first to comment on the fact that he had never seen such calm, yet
alert animals.  He gave them thorough exams and then asked what they were
eating - he said that it was very unusual to meet new patients who were in
such outstanding physical shape, inquisitive, beautiful coats, very alert
yet totally calm.  When I explained re. the raw diet, he said that he had
heard of this reaction to raw food from other vets.

Since then I have thought of a species appropriate human diet as appropriate
both psychologically as well as physically.

Kath