From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:25:53 -0700
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 06:38:40 +0000, ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Another related question is certainly how Paleo we ourselves are, with our
>genetic makeup. Not that civilization has changed our genes appreciably,
>but that it has allowed so many poorer specimens of humanity to live and
>reproduce, well, us. There is a possibility pure Paleo wouldn't be enough
>to return us to health in some cases, requiring thoughtful supplementation.
>We are using our modern resources and brains to learn how to eat Paleo in
>our society, and it's gonna require some non-Paleo kluges.

More specifically, many (most?) of us have eaten the agricultural diet of
civilization (including such things as Twinkies and HoHo's) for many years.

As a result, it may be beneficial to intelligently alter or supplement a paleo
diet to take that into account.

For example, Dr. Udo Erasmus recommends that people ingest large amounts of
Omega-3 fatty acids for a number of months in order to counteract the effect of
far too many Omega-6 fatty acids earlier in life.   (If anyone requests it, I
can post the relevant paragraph here verbatim.)

--
Cheers,

Ken