From:
Emiliano Bussolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:08:34 +0100
Hi all,

I just receveid the results of my blood test after 7 months of a paleo no
carb diet:

Hba1C is 6,4% (I have IDDM)

Total cholesterol has gone up to 245 (was 208)

HDL is down to 38 (56)

Triglicerydes up to 178 (79)

Everything else is in the "normal" range (I got my urine tested as well).

I must add that I have cut insulin by 30-40% which is a very good result.

I'm quite satisfied, I just didn't expect HDL to decrease and triglyc to
raise so much.

My dietary staples are: red fatty meat, tuna, nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, way
too much of it.), unsalted unsmoked fresh bacon, eggs, mayonnaise, sausages,
ham, wine (1\2 L per day), butter, pemmican. Plus loads of vegetables.

I live in the countryside so everything's bio, without chemicals etc (except
for the tuna.).

For the mayonnaise I use seed oil (peanuts, grapeseed etc) since olive oil
gives it too strong a taste.

What could have caused the decrease in HDL? And the raise in Triglic? It's
just beyond me.

bye