From:
Judith Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:45:19 +0900
Lynda-san

}}So while I think the=

health benefits from green tea could be beneficial, I'm also afraid to ge=
"hooked" on caffeine again.  =}}

    Interestingly, I participated in a study last year at a university in
Nagoya on the effects of green tea on brain waves.  It was important to have
foreigners participate because the relaxing effect of green tea on Japanese
people could be considered a response to social stimulus.   I was told
specifically at the debreifing that drinking green tea is correlated with
patterns of brain waves indicative of a relaxed state.

In other words, despite the caffeine content, which is much lower than
coffee but the highest of the teas, green tea is commonly considered a
relaxant, not a stimulant.  Now it certainly has this effect on me; though I
never saw the results of my brain waves to confirm this.

So you may find yourself getting hooked on it for an entirely different
reason. I am!  If you are very concerned about caffeine, you can still try
hojicha, a roasted down very low caffeine of the same plant...arent they all
camelias or something?  Are they paleo?

Judith