From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:32:15 +0100
Well,  the term "AGE"s also covers the toxic oxidation of fats etc., as occurs during cooking (ie lipid oxides etc.) I believe, the strict term for the latter is "ALE"s(advanced lipoxication end products)(cooking oxidises foods) but the term "AGE"s covers both types.

Of course, there are many other issues re zero-carb, cooked or otherwise, such as the inevitable drastic drop in physical performance re sports,(some anecdotal reports re stress of no-carb diets on the thyroid),  and other issues.

Geoff

> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:46:24 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: How fire made us human
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:08:47 +0100, Geoffrey Purcell
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > There's a much bigger worry:- the fact that animal foods(fats in particular)
> >produce far more heat-created toxins after cooking(such as advanced
> >glycation end products etc.) than any other foods, thus speeding up the
> >incidence of various age-related diseases.
>
> I though AGEs were only a problem within the body and are caused by
> glycation (from glucose).  From Wikipedia: "AGEs may be formed external to
> the body (exogenously) by heating (e.g. cooking) sugars with fats or proteins."
>
> How are AGEs formed in cooked meat int he absence of sugar?
>
> BTW, also from Wikipedia: "They [AGEs] are absorbed by the body during
> digestion with about 30% efficiency."
>
> Personally, there is nothing tastier to me than a seared piece of beef fat!

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/