From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 04:48:31 +0000
><<  I came across research that indicates that
>post-menopausal females usually weigh more than when
>they were pre-menopausal.  This is because the human
>body is efficient at staying alive and well.  After
>the body stops producing hormones at a certain rate,
>we gain fat to increase our ability to store our
>hormones.  >>

I lost about five lbs. after menopause, and another eleven or so when I
switched to Paleo, none of for which I would have been called "fat".
Estrogen is the culprit, I believe. For me HRT is progesterone cream, and
it helps in many ways to counteract or balance the estrogen I still
produce, or what comes from outside the body. I'm about 3 years past, and
very stable weightwise. If there is weight gain after menopause, I would
question both diet and estrogen preponderance, either naturally or through
HRT.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!