From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:08:50 +0100
To answer your question:

I was on lots of extreme diets for many years. Probably last 7-8 years I'm
eating Paleo or close to Paleo. I was vegan, vegetarian, frutarian, raw
eater, meat only eater. Last few years low carb meat based diet with some
modification of the macros (last year I tried very high fat diet).
As I child I was eating just normal diet but never too high in carbs but
relatively high in protein and fats. In my early 20s I get interested in
bodybuilding so I went on a typical high protein high carb diet for a few
years

And I can tell you that I never noticed any permanent changes in my health
on any diet. Maybe because I'm healthy. I noticed big changes in my
wellbeibg but not in health. Some minor issues are still present. And I was
food nazi for many years trying to persuade people how important is diet.

But if you make some obviouse changes (get rid of highly processed foods,
keep carbs low-moderate, avoid transfats)  it will probably make 80%-85%
difference. And you don't have to go Paleo, Atkins, Primal  or whatever,
just eat fresh, whole foods according to your taste and that's it. And if
you want to live long restrict your calorie intake.
If you are an athlete and you want to fine-tune your body it's different
story.

I do eat meat based diet not because it's Paleo but because I never really
liked veggies or fruits. Not eating tham makes me happier and being happy
can make me live longer but I don't really care.

In my family there are two ladies approaching 100 years mark and they never
been on any diet. They just eat.

Paul Sand