From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 13:52:29 -0600
At 02:56 PM 5/7/01 EDT, Charles Alban wrote:
>In a message dated 5/6/01 12:46:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
><< many of the wild ones are quite sweet. >>
>
>Well, ok. But they are small, and you won't find any pears, apples, oranges
>or bananas hanging around in the wild. So the amount of sugar paleo people
>would have obtained from this source would have been relatively small. And
>"fruit" seems the wrong word for this. We keep talking about fruit and
>veggies, but both of these are man made. What they really are are berries,
>roots, shoots and leaves. (remember the panda joke......?)

Well, I did say berries.  Berries make up about 95% of the fruit I eat
(occasionally some melon or peach).

As for "small"--that seems to be dependant on the type of berry and the
amount of rainfall, actually.

And to piggy-back, I've fasted off an on for years--sometimes a day,
sometimes several--for various reasons.  I have done so in very fit and in
very unfit states, different stress levels, etc., etc.  I have consistently
had little energy, so fasting as an energized state is not a universal
thing, either.  FWIW

Dianne