From:
Brenda lea martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 16:50:20 EDT
Thanx for your insight.  I agree with most of what you say, but still prefer
to eat no mammels at all, and because of the info from Atkins, Paleo, and Eat
right's emphasis on animal protein, I have moved into eating a little chicken
and fish, but really do not want to, and if I eat more than just a bit of
either at a time, will feel ill for days afterward.  I am sure that most of
that is in my head, but still. . .

I have no problem with those who do eat meat.---provided always that they are
mindful and respectful.  The Jains get so extreme that a devout Jain will
only drink filtered water and will finally sit someplace with out moving so
as not to disturb the microscopic flora and fauna, and eventually just die
there.  I personally think that carries it way too far.  I have respect for
others, but not at my own expense.  After all, if other life forms are worthy
of respect, then so is my own.

Rod