From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:28:36 -0600
> I saw this link, http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/archives/2006/09/,

A few thoughts...

The basic premise makes sense to me personally. Quite often I find food
unappealing in the morning - often on those days I don't eat until late in
the afternoon. Other days food seems quite appetizing in the morning - it
just feels like I *need* it. So, from my_unique_personal_experience, their
thoughts about eating randomly/intermittantly seems to make sense.

I see little difference between their suggested approach and a "warrior
diet" approach. True, their schedule would segment fasting vs. eating days
more evenly time-wise. However, they are just guessing at appropriate
ratios, are they not? I'm not sure if it would make that much of a
difference if the ratio of fasting vs eating is 1:1 or 2:1 or 3:1 (the WD
falling somewhere between the last two ratios). A "normal" 3 meal per day
schedule - without evening snacks - would be close to a 1:1 ratio. So, ...
?

I hope they do more rigorous research into this topic. Seems to me a 24
hour fasting period for rats would translate into about a month for humans.
A bit excessive, eh?.