Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:34:53 -0800
Jessica,
  I've only been paleo 6 months.  I tried a bunch of things at first - writing out different diets - making new sets of rules - daily menus etc. - but the only thing that has worked thus far has been ridding my home of non-paleo foods.  I have to make a conscious decision to bring a non-paleo item into my home.  I can have binges - so I'm careful.
  I have lost 22 pounds in 6 months.  Am not lifting, but seem to be maintaining muscle mass.  Would estimate at least 12 pounds of water/glycogen stores.
  Don't know if others have similar experiences or whether or not this changes with time.

  gale

Jessica Baker-Beasley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  As my subject suggests, I am just starting out on the Paleo eating path. I
first read about it in a newspaper, then started researching. To me, it
just makes sense. But I was wondering if anyone could offer any
advice/help/support/tips/info/whatever that helped them when they first
started??? It's a lot of information to adapt & changes to make, so any
tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Jessica