From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:57:01 -0700
Lurisia Dale wrote:

>Finally, Todd, your response presented a thoughtful
>analysis of some of the benefits of ketosis.  However,
>you claim that "You can get all your nutrients and
>stay in ketosis."  Considering that a couple pieces of
>fruit could be enough to bring you above the 70g of
>carbs usually necessary to maintain ketosis, I wonder
>how you reconcile your view with the Dr. Cordain's
>thoughts above?

Really, the fruits you are talking about must be much larger than the
ones I'm used to eating.  An apple has  12g of carbs, a cup of
strawberries even less.
On your 70g carbs,  you could have a platterful of greens, some
zucchini, radishes,
cucumbers, a tomato, and four nice servings of fruit.  I think that
could make
a nice balanced diet with some meat and fat.

    Lynnet