From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:09:45 EST
In a message dated 11/17/02 6:54:33 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>In my experience, raw meat is not more difficult to eat.  If we are
>talking about an ancient race of people who evolved eating a raw,
>natural diet, I doubt that they would discover someday that the meat
>they have always eaten is "difficult" somehow.  Raw meat is also more
>palatable to me.  At first I didn't like the texture, but after a
>while I came to see the texture of cooked meat, especially red meat,
>as undesirable, denatured somehow.

Firstly, I didn't specify that cooking necessarily enhanced the palatability
of meat -- although I think the fact that cooking meat is more or less
universal suggests that it probably does for most people. Think of the aroma
that emerges from cooking meat. However, from a nutritional point of view I
agree that cooking probably subtracts from the quality of meat.  How do you
prepare the meat you eat raw? Do you freeze it for 2 weeks as Sally Fallon
suggests to kill off parasites? Do you marinate it? Do you have different
ways of preparing it? Do you eat all kinds of animal products raw including
chicken and fish?

>>i honor everyone's diet choices, i just
think that if people who eat raw on this list do not feel welcome, we
are losing a whole community who have valuable things to offer.??

I hope that disagreements would never make someone feel unwelcome -- if
anything, I find the liveliness of the arguments and discussions in this
groups to be invigorating and healthy. Vive la differences!!

Namaste, Liz
<A HREF="http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html">
http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html</A>